Tuesday 4 December 2007

Macadam Reverie

today
my road is made of cobblestone
jigsaw crosswalks
the puzzle piece pathways
of people long gone

with every stone
I think about them
and me
and the way we aren't so different
building life sized jigsaws
of what we're given
piecing together to get to the future
trying to produce the pictures
we see in our dreams

they built the roads
so with no roads left to build
I'm trying to make my own path
but all that seems left, to me
is tarmac
smooth lines
paving over jigsaw dreams

but today
my road is made of puzzle pieces
cobblestone highways
that let me believe
in the people long gone
let me believe
that I'm not so different

because I can see
that someone else
had jigsaw dreams

3 comments:

Samantha said...

i love it. I can visualize the jigsaw cobblestone pieces...the city as a scattered puzzle, that only exploration can solve.

jake said...

I really liked this, Angie! I like how you compared your dreams to the streets we walk on and related it to people long ago. Cool!

Samantha said...

I need you here. A cigarette sitting on the balcony, watching the sun rise underneath the stars.

Happy new year my beautiful.
I miss you.